smiley
Last night, he calls and tells me about this couple he had met at a recent baseball game.
He: "Well, he was a Red Sox fan, and he had a pretty cute Asian girlfriend. She was like, 'I bought him these tickets,' and my buddy and I were like, 'You are the best girlfriend ever.'"
Me: (vaguely skeptical about the need to point out the girl's ethnicity, yet definitely pleased by the comparison) "So you had to chat them up..."
He: "Yeah...girlfriends of Sox fans have to put up with a lot."
Me: (!!!) "Well, if you're going to be obsessed with something, I guess baseball's relatively harmless...
He: "Well, you're allowed to be obsessed with something, too..."
I laugh, and think, Seuss-style, Am I your girlfriend?
He: "Well, he was a Red Sox fan, and he had a pretty cute Asian girlfriend. She was like, 'I bought him these tickets,' and my buddy and I were like, 'You are the best girlfriend ever.'"
Me: (vaguely skeptical about the need to point out the girl's ethnicity, yet definitely pleased by the comparison) "So you had to chat them up..."
He: "Yeah...girlfriends of Sox fans have to put up with a lot."
Me: (!!!) "Well, if you're going to be obsessed with something, I guess baseball's relatively harmless...
He: "Well, you're allowed to be obsessed with something, too..."
I laugh, and think, Seuss-style, Am I your girlfriend?

3 Comments:
At 9:16 AM,
Anonymous said…
almost (but not nearly) as important: does he understand that you are a cardinals fan? --khm
At 2:51 PM,
Anonymous said…
You have these fangs and claws. KILL THE BUNNY
F
At 7:26 AM,
Anonymous said…
But did he call her a Hasian? (Hot Asian) :-)
And did you say your obsession of choice these days is him? In a good way, of course.
-OW
Post a Comment
<< Home