verygoodgirl

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

at least 3 days

I tell a friend about the weekend, that it went well, but that I don't know whether Clerk likes me. My coworker looks shocked.

That's really scary, he says. How can you say that? Didn't you spend the entire weekend with him?

Yes, I say. But until we have that explicit conversation, I just don't know. Maybe I've just been hurt a lot...

And later, I do wonder, What kind of world do we live in, where a girl spends an entire weekend with a boy, and still doesn't believe he likes her? Then again, I've emailed him three times in the last two days, and he's written me only once. Does that mean anything? I emailed him Monday morning to thank him. He wrote me back yesterday. I replied. Then late last night I wrote this:

"It is 12:10 AM. I was going to call you tonight, but instead, it is midnight, and I am editing a document. However, now I will stop complaining because it looks as though I will get to join a good study in Atlanta. This means: 1) a project I like, 2) warm weather and last but not least 3) free weekend travel. So I guess my life isn't all bad..."

My friend F says I am more scared than he has ever seen me. I tell him I'm scared that it won't work out. F says I'm scared that it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home