even on vacation
conference room, offices of multinational corporation, skyscraper, southern hemisphere
Clerk emailed to say he'd had a great time. I called him briefly from the airport, before we left for BA. I love that he emailed me when he saw that I looked at his Evite. He writes:
"I noticed you've already viewed the bad news. Too many people wereleaving town the next weekend. Apologies, but really it's better thisway; there's going to be neither cocaine nor hookers at my party,which would inevitably make it a disappointment. "
And I reply:
"Drat! Damn Evite! Of course, when I'm hosting, I obsessively checkto see who's viewed mine, and then when I am the invitee, I forgetthat the host can see who looks and then doesn't respond. Damn it!
I did view the bad news, and was trying to think of something witty but not too revealing to respond:
'Get out the air mattress'
'This time I want three women giving me a lap dance'
'Actually, I've already warmed your house'
All of those seemed a little inappropriate, though, entertaining (at least to me.) So I will have to think a little harder."
And then some (maybe?) witty banter about my plans for the following weekend.
Clerk emailed to say he'd had a great time. I called him briefly from the airport, before we left for BA. I love that he emailed me when he saw that I looked at his Evite. He writes:
"I noticed you've already viewed the bad news. Too many people wereleaving town the next weekend. Apologies, but really it's better thisway; there's going to be neither cocaine nor hookers at my party,which would inevitably make it a disappointment. "
And I reply:
"Drat! Damn Evite! Of course, when I'm hosting, I obsessively checkto see who's viewed mine, and then when I am the invitee, I forgetthat the host can see who looks and then doesn't respond. Damn it!
I did view the bad news, and was trying to think of something witty but not too revealing to respond:
'Get out the air mattress'
'This time I want three women giving me a lap dance'
'Actually, I've already warmed your house'
All of those seemed a little inappropriate, though, entertaining (at least to me.) So I will have to think a little harder."
And then some (maybe?) witty banter about my plans for the following weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home