verygoodgirl

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

moody

Today, I feel moody. Maybe the visit didn’t go as well as I had thought.

This visit had seemed entirely different. It was the first time I didn’t actively worry about whether I would see him again, and if so, when. We talked about the beginnings of our relationship, and we made a lot of comments about our future together, or at least our short-term future. But then things ended kind of oddly, and I regret not turning back and saying something else before I left.

I check my email again, and still nothing. Instead, I have a short message from Cookie Monster (!!??!) asking me out again.

Then, in the afternoon, he calls.

“I just have a quick question for you.” He explains, in a roundabout way, that he wants to find out whether I will be in Europe during his high school reunion. I think, at first, that he wants me to go with him, but he explains that he is just trying to make sure we’ll be able to see each other. “I’ll be in Seattle the first two weekends in July, then back for one weekend, then up in Portland, and oh, I guess we can meet up that third weekend...” he trails off.

We agree to meet up the third weekend in July. I offer to come down to DC, and he says, “We can figure out the location later. Ok, good, so we can meet up then.” I half-jokingly offer to come to the high school reunion, and he declines, “You’ll be bored out of your mind.”

Not jokingly, I say, “I’ll hang out with your parents.”

“Oh great, you guys will be sailing around, eating lobster, and I’ll be forced to talk to a bunch of people I didn’t even like 10 years ago. No, the better weekend for you to come to Maine will be when I go back up the next week. "

And just like that, my entire day brightens. I’m going to Maine. Lobsters and lemonade. Sweet.

Guess I’m not moody anymore.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Went to Maine for my 30th. It was fantabulous, and I consumeed an entire 2 lb. lobster by meself (my appetite is not a huge one). You will love it. And I love that he's wanting you to go :-)

    -OW

     

Post a Comment

<< Home